Sunday, January 23, 2011

House of Pink





Remember these trees I made for Christmas



Well, after seeing all the conversations hearts candy turned into decor..


Picture from Someday Crafts

I decided to put these projects together and make a "conversation heart tree". I seriously LOVE how it turned out.



Supplies:
Styrofoam Cone: Hobby Lobby
Candle stick bottom: Hobby Lobby
Finials: Hobby Lobby
Pink Ribbon
Large package of Conversation Hearts
Hot Glue

hot glue the candle stick bottom to the bottom of the Styrofoam tree
start at the bottom and hot glue the conversation hearts right unto the Styrofoam until you get to the top
there may be a small gap in between the top and where you push in the finial in the top but once you tie the ribbon around it won't show
I wrapped my ribbon around twice before I tied the bow
If you tie your bow backward it will lay perfectly

And now your done!
You have a cute Valentines Tree!
Happy Valentine's Day Dear Friends

8 comments:

Pellie / Penny said...

Very nice Valentines tree. Those are my favorite candy - so - it would be real hard for me not to eat too many while I was making one. LOL

Hugs,
Penny

The Thomas Family said...

Thanks Penny! My little man loves them too so I bought an extra bag!

The Treasurista said...

So Cute! Would love for you to add to my Thursday Treasure Party:

http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

The Thomas Family said...

Thanks! I linked it! :)

Tanyia said...

Omg, I LOVE this tree! It turned out beautifully!

I am stopping by from Whatever Goes Wednesdays at Someday Crafts, I would love to have you stop by my blog and check out my project :)

http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2011/02/more-headbands.html

. said...

That is seriously adorable!!! I think topping it off with the finial and ribbon really made it extra special! Nice job! :)

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

I ADORE this tree! Very creative! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

www.youngnester.blogspot.com

Crafty Texas Girl said...

Yummy and adorable. I need to try this! Happy Valentines Day!!!!

craftytexasgirls@blogspot.com