Monday, February 7, 2011

frame of love




Black & Pink. Black & Pink.
I really think they should make a song with those as the lyrics.
What two colors are cuter black & pink?
The answer is there isn't ;)
Lets break down why I heart this frame so much:
1. Do it in any number of colors and it works for any holiday
2. I can put this frame in our future daughter's black & pink room
3. I heart Valentine's Day decor
4. I also heart rolled flowers




Start with making 3 rolled flowers with satin material.
I used the satin liner.
$3.99 a yard at Hobby Lobby. I bough 1/4 a yard but only used half of that.




I bought an unfinished 5X7 wood frame from Hobby Lobby;
spray painted it black and then distressed it.

Cut pink paper at 5X7
pink paper by my minds eye
Took a ribbon and put it across the paper and just used tape to hold it on the back.
My ribbon was black satin with a ruffled edge.
Hot Glued the rolled flowers right on top of the ribbon.
Put it inside the frame
Hung it on the wall and thought about how cute it would be in a little gals room.
Or of course in addition to the "House of Pink"!

2 comments:

Jennifer Tolman said...

Cute cute cute!

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

Thank you for linking up your adorable project! I hope you'll continue to link with us on Ten Buck Tuesdays!

I am a new follower :)