Tuesday, October 27, 2009

amazing cinnamon rolls

1st sorry I haven't been keeping up with posting meals everyday. It is hard to take a picture, upload the pictures, and post that evening. So I just decided I will still try and post everyday and if I can add pictures I will but I won't not post because I didn't have time to upload a picture of the food. Sound good?
Okay so yesterday I made pulled pork sandwiches. We didn't have buns so I made these homemade rolls. I made a couple changes to the pork- No coleslaw (because we don't like it) and I just used regular paprika ( I didn't have smoked). The recipe made a TON of rolls. So I cut it in half and... made cinnamon rolls which were to go to not post!

Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
OurBestBites.com

Dough

1 T active dry yeast
1/2 C warm water (105 degr F/ 40 deg C)
4 1/2 C all-purpose flour (22 1/2 oz 700g)
4 large eggs
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C (1 stick) real butter at room temp

Filling
1/2 C (1 stick) real butter at room temp
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1 T cinnamon

Glaze (the recipe for frosting that I used is below)
1 C powdered sugar
2 T butter, melted
2 T milk or cream
1 t vanilla extract

In the bowl of a stand mixer, sprinkle the yeast over the water, allow to bloom for a few minutes, then whisk until smooth. Whisk in 1/2 C of the flour. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm spot for about 30 minutes.

Add the eggs, sugar, butter, and remaining 4 cups flour to the yeast mixture. Fit the mixer with the dough hook and knead on medium speed until smooth 10-12 minutes. Add a bit more flour to reduce stickiness if needed.

Cover with plastic wrap, set in a warm spot and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours.

While dough is rising, prepare filling. Take 2 T of the stick of butter and set aside. Beat remaining butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together until combined and slightly fluffy, about 1 minute.

Butter a 9x13 baking dish. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface. Roll out into a rectangle about 15x10 in. Spread filling onto dough and roll up length-wise.

Use string or dental floss to score and cut the dough into rolls. You can make 12 small rolls, 10 medium ones, or 8 large. Place cut side up in baking dish. Melt the reserved 2 T butter and brush on top of rolls. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.

The next morning remove from refrigerator and let rise until half again as high, about 1 hour. While rising mix glaze ingredients until combined. Preheat the oven to 350. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Spread the glaze over warm rolls and serve.




I love cream cheese frosting so instead of using this recipes frosting I used this cream cheese frosting

0 comments: